Monday, February 25, 2008

Tristan and The Class of 1990 (SCBHABA 2008)

Last Sunday I took Tristan to my old school, University of San Carlos - Boys' School, for the first time. It was our second game in the annual San Carlos Boys' High Alumni Basketball Association (SCBHABA) tournament. That's him in a black batman shirt beside me. Next to me are my team mates and batch mates of class 1990 whose names are Troy, Jonathan, Patrick, and Quinicot (I'm sorry I forgot his first name). Right below us are Terry, Jason, Eduardo, Engel James, Buddy, Marc, Ace (The Vice Mayor) and finally Chris (the lone warrior at the forefront).

'Daddy, is this your school?' he asked as we were walking under the covered walk passing through the main gate of the campus. 'Yes', I answered, 'this was my old school.' 'Why is your school so old?' he asked again as we were getting inside the multi-purpose stadium or gym. 'Well', I said, 'I went to study my high school here almost twenty years ago', I added, 'but she's even older than me'. I don't know if he understood it but he seemed to content himself with my reply and just kept silent and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon watching our game.

Although we lost again (our second straight) but it was a close fight. Maybe next time we could win. Wish us luck!

No comments: